Thursday, August 14, 2008

Jury Duty, Pirates, Marilyn Monroe

Well, I ended up giving the "Beer For My Horses" tickets to my cousin. John wasn't too crazy about going, and neither was I, so I offered them to Mark, and he took them. So instead, we ended up going up to Buzzard Swamp in the Allegheny National Forest to do some fishing. We biked out to the ever-so-famous pond 6, and fished for quite a while, but for some reason we did terrible. If we had a boat of some sort, I think we could have done much better. They were certainly in there, but just not interested in our lines. We haven't given up hope though. The boy and I have another trip planned some time. This time possibly porting a boat up some how :)

This week I'm on jury duty and it's pretty boring. They don't have their act together at all! We just sit in a room and are occasionally told to go to another room, and occasionally told to just leave because they can't start doing things just yet. Very bizarre and not what I had expected at all!

Tonight John got tickets for us to go to the Pirates game. It's supposed to be pretty cool afterwards because they are going to have Zambelli fireworks and I think REO Speedwagon is playing. Pirates are playing the Reds. I'm not a huge baseball fan, but I am really looking forward to the game tonight!

Then, this weekend is John's family reunion - 50's theme (they always do some sort of theme each year). And I've decided to work it Marilyn Monroe style. That's right, I'm going as her. I'm wearing the "7 Year Itch" dress and a blond wig. I think it will be a lot of fun! (I'll post a pic later =D)

1 comment:

Alan said...

We're waiting for pics ^_^