Tuesday, May 29, 2007

And Long Weekend Ends

Memorial day weekend is now over and a fun one it was! I think I'm actually partied out! Friday I left work early, got home in enough time to get the rest of the chores done, take a nice little nap, and got out of here before the tyrants showed up. (I don't sleep when they are here because they are worse than being nocturnal - they just never sleep.) Then Saturday, John and I headed to a "house party" where we had a blast and learned that Google can actually return "WHHAAT?!?" :) Then Sunday over to his sister Jackie's for a bonfire party, Monday the quintessential Memorial Day cookout at his sister Pam's, then a nice Monday evening where we (finally) got to watch the second Pirates of the Caribbean.
Now I have a strange stance on that movie. I am not sure as to where it originated from, but back when the first one came out, I had the misconception that this was a scary movie. Anyone who knows me knows I love scary movies. But low and behold, it was a children's movie; I quickly lost interest and ended up sleeping through 1/2 of the thing. John had been wanting to see the second one, so I told him if he would like, I would watch it with him. After all, it wasn't like I *hated* the thing, it just didn't catch my interest. Then I saw the second one yesterday, and it was like a "Napoleon Dynamite" scenario with me. Johnny Depp's character really started to grow on me. The way he deals with situations and dilemmas just cracks me up. He never gets angry or upset, but always attempts to act very smooth, and it is just so silly. However, of course I do have a complaint! What is up with that ending-ish thing? It was like Gore Verbinski just got tired and said "good enough! everyone go home!" I was horribly disappointed in wasting 2 & 1/2 hours just to find myself wondering when the next time I'll be able to get to the theaters to see the actual ending!
Also, thanks to my friend Alan, in case you don't want to waste too many of your randomly bored moments reading this thing, here is a website that is quite funny :) http://www.bash.org/?top

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never a bore. People are instinctual voyeurs. They like to know what is going on in other peoples lives. Even if its not much. I totally agree with you on the ending of Pirates 2. It almost makes me not want to watch the third since it is such a blatant cliff hanger like "Ha! Now you have to watch the third." But I probably will for the same reason i read your blog. Just for the sake of knowing what happens next.

Alan said...

Back to the Future 2 was the same. And I wouldn't change either one.

I really want to see Pirates 3. I hear there's a monkey in it.

Alan said...

Found these for you --> http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=6045947