Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Canada!

I'm not sure where the time flew to, but it really has been since the 6th I last posted? Wow.

Anywho, the "Barn Bash" was awesome. Yes, so awesome, we are going to have another - August 25th I believe is the projected date. The band was great as always, and I enjoyed making cotton candy for everyone and answering the question of the night "So, why do you have a cotton candy machine?"

Last weekend John and I headed to Cabellas for our first time ever. That is a really cool place! Our venture there was to get some things for the upcoming trip to Canada for 8 days - fishing, camping, and well, basically being a PA hick. In the middle of no where, mind you. I ended up with 4 new lures. The one was a cute rainbow color, so of course I had to get it! :) A few of his other family members are going too - it's their family tradition. We leave this Friday to drive just north of Ontario. I started packing this past weekend and have done a bit more each day. I'm both excited and a bit overwhelmed because this will be truly roughing it. Bathing in the river, baby!

Today I stumbled upon a website - GetAFreelancer.com. It looks like the coolest thing ever. I just wish I knew more geeks so I could possibly tackle some of the larger projects too, like the 5G ones. The time constraint would just be too much for 1 person. I wanted to bid on a few small projects that I've seen, but until I get back from Canada, I think I'll hold off on that.

1 comment:

Alan said...

Come on, tell us how it was!