Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Van Halen tomorrow

Tomorrow is the Van Halen concert already! It seems like just yesterday I ordered the tickets. I also found out who the opening act is too. It's Bob Marley's son,Ky Mani, which is a great disappointment to my uncle, but on the other hand, not so much for me :). I have a very diverse liking of music. In fact, I love reggae. If he throws in a few of his dad's hits like he did in the previous shows, it'll be really cool. I'll have to leave work early tomorrow because the show is at 7:30 and uncle insists on getting there 1 hour before it starts, as he always does for concerts. That on top of a 2 hour drive.

Then this past weekend John and I were throwing around the idea of going to see Halloween, the new movie by Rob Zombie. But it wasn't playing anywhere that we could find. I'm thinking it must have done pretty bad at the box office, because last we looked it was a new release. So instead we decided to rent a movie - and end up with Shawn of the Dead. John ultimately just thought it was weird, and although I found it to be weird too, I also like British humor. So it was sort of amusing to me. There were parts I thought were really funny that he just didn't. I'm still evaluating what my overall rating would be, but it's something I'd probably watch again. It's something you should at least give a chance to if you like British humor :)

No comments: