Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Verizon Text Messaging

I received my first Verizon bill having text messages on it. I learned there is something I don't exactly like about Verizon: Text messaging is 15 cents. I still like Verizon as a provider more, but with Cell One, it used to be 10 cents outgoing and all incoming was free. (That was nice). Then they had to follow suit with other providers and make all the texting 10 cents. I didn't love the idea, but accepted it. But now being charged 50% more than I'm used to paying, not so cool. Especially when anyone who takes the time to send me a text message can easily just call or send me an email. And vice versa. So, I had it blocked. I'm not exactly sure what will happen if someone tries to send me a text, but I won't be receiving it. I just hope that if someone does try and are alerted that the message didn't go through, that they don't get charged for the message either :(

1 comment:

Alan said...

Every few months, they send me text messages for new services. Which costs $0.15. But it says that if I do not want to receive these texts, that I have to text them back ($0.15). Then they send at least one confirmation of my response ($0.15). So basically they have a script that generates at least $0.45 from every custer every few months.

The last time they did this I called support and had them pull those charges off.

Verizon also tries to punish you for using your bank's online-bill-pay and not Verizon's direct withdrawal service. No way am I letting Verizon access my money directly. Anyway, they won't accept EFT's so my bank has to mail them a check, which they then sit on for a few days. So I have to pay Verizon almost 2 weeks early every month or I get late fees.