Sunday, December 9, 2007

Pens and Chowder

Well the Pens won the game we went to see. It was actually a really great game to watch. Especially after looking at the rankings and seeing that the Pens didn't seem to have a snowball's chance of winning it. But they did :) ..and the streak has kept up too - they've been playing rather well! I'm quite impressed! However, Fleury is hurt, which is no good. Poor dude. It almost seems like he'll never get to regain his confidence with how much Therrien was swapping him in and out, and now this.

Yesterday the boy and I went to the Hartwood Acres Festival of Lights. It was really cool. Over 3 miles of, well, Christmas lights! I wished I had brought a camera, but the cell phone had to suffice so although I have a bunch of pictures, they aren't the best quality in the entire world. We also stopped afterwards at a little restaurant called the Hardwood Cafe and had some of their "famous" clam chowder. John loves the stuff, and I was thinking, I have Thursday off so I'm going to try a little experiment. I'm going to attempt to mimic their chowder, although John claims that it's been tried by many and failed by all. I have a few ideas, but I'll have to do a little grocery shopping and then we'll see!

1 comment:

Alan said...

I'm on pins and needles over here - seriously, my butt fell asleep. How'd the cooking turn out? Did you save me any? You could put it in a certain container ^_^