Monday, August 10, 2009

Dilema - need suggestions

I decided to finally start writing my iPhone app tonight. The app I thought would be awesome to have on an iPhone for a geek. So I'm sitting at my mac mini with xcode open, and start (the attempt) to code up my application: a binary clock. Neat starter idea, right?

I get some code started, happy with this idea I came up with. Then it dawns on me - could this app already exist? It was a scary thought. As I open up iTunes, I was quite scared of even looking - sure enough it does. *sigh*

So then I decided to google some "desired" iPhone apps. I found some that people blogged about or posted comments to stories about. Every one (that I've found anyway) has been created already. *another sigh*

I need some ideas for apps. This is something I really want to do, and thought about just writing a binary clock just to say I did. Any ideas/suggestions would be great (that implying it doesn't already exist ;) )

In other very, very happy and exiting news, I officially have a maid of honor! I asked Leah just yesterday to be my maid of honor and she said yes! I'm so happy she is going to be in my wedding. There isn't any woman in this world that is more perfect.

4 comments:

Alan said...

Congrats on the maid of honor. You couldn't have picked a better woman.

As for the app, how about a geek style app? For example, what color tie would go with a black pinstripe suit, does a blue shirt go with grey pants, or what type of socks can I wear with sandals and my three wolf moon t-shirt?

Or how about a 80s cartoon character identifier? What was the dude's name on Voltron who drove the blue lion?

Geek food expiration check: the ramen noodles expired in 2007, can I still eat them? Altman drank my coke from the 1980 Olympics ... will it make him more or less tolerable?

Alan said...

How about a Thetan detector/reader & remover app?

Jen said...

Interesting idea.. I wonder if there are enough scientologists out there that would be interested :P

Alan said...

OK, how about this ... When I'm going down the highway and ask my GPS to find the closest food or gas, it almost always points to places behind me or in some small town that I can't get to from the highway. I need an app to find the next exit with fastfood or a gas station in the way I'm already headed.