Thursday, August 2, 2007

Cell phone

I can't decide on which cell phone to get. I am stuck in the "uncool" crowd as I end my (last ever) 2-year contract with Cellular One this month. (I really despise that provider). Anyhow, I'm fairly sure I will be switching to Verizon (since that's what John and the rest of the world has), but I don't know which phone I want. And I need to decide before August 20th in order to keep my phone number. Right now, I am leaning towards a Cherry Chocolate, but the enV has also taken a bit of my interest. At the same time, I don't need anything too fancy. I won't have a data package, and I will minimally use text messaging. I just want something that is small, bluetooth capable, and isn't one of those standard flip phones. Of course, one thing that I will miss is the ability remove the memory card from my phone, and put any songs or pictures I like on it. I was told Verizon puts their stupid little software on all of their phones to ensure you pay for doing those types of things :-/

2 comments:

Alan said...

I always get the smallest free phone they offer. Currently I have Sprint. None of the providers are all that good, and each will elicit horror stories from friends and family. I have gone through most of them and never been all that satisfied: dropped calls, poor coverage, hidden fees, invalid charges, billing errors and employees that should have shirts saying "get a brains moran!"

Brian Lucas said...

Verizon carries a few PDA phones that allow you to use cards in them I have an older SCH-i700 from Samsung that I love because it replaced my PDA and my phone. All the music I want in SD. Internet access with an SDIO WiFi Card. And synchable. Whats not to love.