Sunday, August 26, 2007

Halen tickets & party

Today was my uncle's birthday. I got him some movies, a gift certificate to Music For A Song, and 2 tickets to see Van Halen - 1 for him, 1 for me. The tickets went on sale Saturday at 10am and sold out by the end of the day so I'm glad I got them when I did. They are an ok band, but he loves them, so he was very happy about that. The concert is October 10th at the Quicken Loans arena (formerly Gund Arena) in Cleveland. We used to go to concerts like crazy when I was younger, so this should be a fun time. I'll have to request Thursday off though - there's no way I'm going even pretend I'll be able to go to work the next day.



Saturday, John and I were originally going to the next Barn Bash of the summer. But his one relative came in town from Seattle, and they decided to have a party for him. Sure we missed the barn bash and Victor Lee's general tso's, but we had so much fun. Wes, his one cousin, DJ'd and he was really good at it. People were all dancing around - it was awesome. Everything from The Twist to the Cha Cha Slide. We had Saki there too - Jen's a fan of Saki :)

1 comment:

Alan said...

If you and your uncle need a place to stay, you're both welcome at my place. I only have the one spare bed, but I have a bunch of couches and sleeping bags. I just checked google maps and I'm about 36 miles south of the Gund.