Monday, August 20, 2007

Weekend

This past weekend was spent a bit of a drive away, but still cool. John was in a wedding of a good friend from college. It was in Cooperstown, NY so we took the day off on Friday to get up bright and early to be there for the rehearsal at 4p. The wedding was on a Saturday as most are, and it was a fun time. Although it was sort of strange, we were so busy we didn't have time to go to the Baseball Hall of Fame. Neither one of us are huge baseball fans - but it seemed like the natural thing to do given being in Cooperstown :-p Oh well..

I am now the proud carrier of Verizon. I ended up with a LG Chocolate phone, which I'm finding out a lot of people do not care for. Maybe I'm just used to Cell One's crappy phones, but I do really like this one! And from my company's discount + mail in rebate, it was free, so I can't complain too much :)

I found out a little more on the fishing tournament for Sunday. I'm not so crazy about it. For one, it's $150 to sign up, plus it's on my uncle's birthday. I read through the rules too, and some of them seem kind of lame. It would still be fun, but at the same time I'm thinking I could fish for free anywhere I like - especially in a pond on my farm, which I found out not too long ago has some fairly nice fish in it!

No comments: