Sunday, August 12, 2007

Meteors and other things

I was out tonight, in the middle of my yard, on a sleeping bag, enjoying the Perseid shower.. well, until I saw something in the trees. At first it looked like the moon: bright and orangish yellow, as I saw it out of the corner of my eye. Until it dawns upon me - um: new moon for the Perseids. This gets me really interested so I get up and run down my yard until I have full sight of it - and it's moving. It's orangish yellow color, brighter than you would believe, and it's moving. Not in a straight line either, not flashing, and definitely in our atmosphere. I'm a little freaked out - still. I watched it pass over and I stayed out there a bit longer, but couldn't stop thinking about that thing. Just the other day I heard Hot 101 talking about Alien abductions and the whole Area 51 thing and I just wanted to come inside. I am probably just over-exaggerating, but it really did freak me out. I mean, I've never seen anything like it. At all.

In happier news, I was reading the Tri-County paper for this week and there's a fishing tournament in Lake Arthur soon! It's bass only (which is a good thing) and John said we just need to get a boat registered in the lake and we're good to go! (He fishes there, but uses this 1 person 'belly boat' thing or something). It's August 26th, and it's for the Kyle McFeely Scholarship, who was a guy attending SRU in his senior year when he was killed in a tragic car accident. It'll be for a good cause and an excuse to fish :)

1 comment:

Alan said...

I think you may have seen the space station. That or a TARDIS ^_^