Monday, September 3, 2007

Labor Day

I can't believe it's September already! And September means a few things - one of my being a year older. Although, it should be fun - it's this Saturday and a trip to Cedar Point! Confirmed are me, John, Leah, Jeff, and Alan - and possibly some other random girl that Alan and/or Jeff are bringing. Which would be nice to make it an even number.

The tickets for Halen still haven't come in, although Ticketmaster claims they have something like until 48 hours of the show to get them to you. Still, I hope they get here soon.

Friday was my sister's birthday. John and I went over after work for the "party" (meaning him and me). For once, I didn't get everything on my sister's list that my mom told me to. I'm not sure how she took that, and I really don't care. I made the mistake a while ago of buying anything my mom basically told me was my responsibility - the stuff she wasn't going to get. I used to spend hundreds of dollars on them - each birthday, Christmas, Easter, etc - and basically, I've decided I wasn't going to do that anymore. One reason being, I am trying to save for a car. And really, that shouldn't be my responsibility anyway. I am venting a bit, but my mom has always been very materialistic. It's her nature, I swear. I feel like if I didn't always get them (including her) everything they wanted, she would tell my brother & sister I didn't care about them as much, and use that to back it up. I can only hope that someday they'll understand much beyond that frame of mind.

No comments: