Sunday, September 9, 2007

Birthday Weekend

I had a pretty good birthday - other than the fact I had to turn another year older ;) Friday John and I went out and I enjoyed getting some free drinks, mainly because he thought it was a good idea to announce it to everyone. I had this one shot for the first time that I really liked - warm apple pie. It was really good. We ended up having a little bit too much fun though, and couldn't quite get up on time to go to Cedar Point. We finally did make it, got to ride a few things, then the rain came.

Alan and Leah are the only other two that made it. Which was a little silly because it was Jeff's idea to start. I'm hoping we'll all be able to do something in the near future together though. Not like an amusement park or anything, just all of us hanging out, epecially since we didn't get to Cedar Point until so late. I feel like I didn't get to see Alan or Leah as much as I had liked.

So during the trip, I decided I was going to do the age guessing thing, even though paying $5 for that is highway robbery. They had a great guess -> 21. That humored me a bit.

Then today the boy and I headed over to my mother's for my birthday. She never really gets me anything nice, so this year I decided I was going to give her a list. She usually gets me, to put it bluntly, junk. There are some cute things sometimes, but a lot of it is junk. So this year when she asked what I wanted, I gave her a list: Wii Carnival Games, Wii Brain Academy, roller blades, tackle box, Espresso machine, and a MemoryFoam pillow. All I was aiming for was no junk. I ended up getting all these little trinkets (aka: junk), a picture of my brother and sister, and a MemoryFoam pillow. Most of the stuff was something you'd get somebody who is 10. It's just frustrating, especially when I am expected to buy my brother, sister, and her anything they ask for.

No comments: