Sunday, September 16, 2007

Kennywood and a birthday present

Saturday the 15th has been planned for our Kennywood trip for some time. With the many 90 degree days (and I recall plenty as my car has no AC in it for the hour drive home for work each day), we figured weather would be the least of our concerns. This wasn't exactly the case. The forecast called for 50's - and sure enough, it was just that. As if the weather wasn't bad enough, I learned that Kennywood isn't exactly the most fun place on earth. I'm not sure if Cedar Point just spoiled me the week before, but I just wasn't impressed with that place. John and I arrived around 11:30a (rides start at 11) and had planned on staying until 10p when they close - but we ran out of rides to ride! We even rode the "best" one there (The Phantom's Revenge) twice, and rode a few of the (what I call) carnival rides. We ended up leaving around 5p because that was about all of the Kennywood we really wanted.

Today the boy and I decided to go fishing in the pond on the farm. Just before leaving to do so, I got a text message, just in time for my phone to die. It was from Alan asking if I "got my mail" yet today. I remembered last week he said something about sending me something so, when we got to Mercer, I checked the mail. He did send me something - Brain Academy for the Wii! I was so surprised, that is the last thing I would have expected. He had already got me all this other stuff for my birthday, which he gave me at Cedar Point, and now this! (And yes, Alan, you are bad!) I haven't gotten to play it because my Wii is at John's, but I can't wait to. Wednesday I'll get to do that. I bet it's going to be awesome :)

1 comment:

Alan said...

Of course Kennywood was dull - I wasn't there. What were you thinking? And no worries on the game, can't allow you to be let down on your birthday ^_^