Thursday, November 1, 2007

C# - weird

Things have been a little hectic lately, as I was recently told (not asked) that I will now be put on a project at work, developing in C#. I'm a Java programmer. So I'm trying to read up on this language and it just seems strange. It's like Javasoft or something. Delegates are weird. I can't think of a single instance I'd use them when not dealing with events. The fact that C# still has virtual functions is one thing that says to me that the language isn't as good as Java. (For those who are completely lost, Java's functions are [technically, C++ speaking] all implicitly virtual.) But alas I'm supposed to help make up for the 2800 hours they overestimated this project for, because they can't change the release date (for once). I just love my company.

Anywho, the Pens are playing tonight, and I'll be headed to Rudy's in a bit to have a beer, chill, & watch the game. Although I don't know of anyone around here close who likes the Pens, so I think I'll be going just myself. I put something on facebook about it, and Andrew (dancing buddy) replied but I think he lives far, far away. I need to recruit a Pens fan group around here or something :)

1 comment:

Alan said...

We had a guy try interviewing for a job. On the phone he told us he knew "See-Pound". And I know of a Penguins fan you could hang out with, but he lives in New Castle.