Sunday, June 10, 2007

Fishing and Strawberry Days!

I can't believe it's the end of the weekend already! It was a fun one but a very fast one too. John's family is a riot. They are all so cool and so fun. I think I like his family more than my own sometimes. Saturday we got up bright and early to start our fishing tournament on a pontoon boat with about 5 others. I only caught 1 fish which was a perch, but the fish weren't really biting. Regardless, we had a lot of fun. All kinds of things happened - we temporarily lost a pole to the Great Pymatuning Lake, we almost sunk the boat, I kept catching trees, John caught the motor of the boat. It kept things interesting and gave us stuff to laugh about. Then for dinner we all ate the fish, in addition to a ton of other things. The amount of food there was crazy!
Also this weekend was Strawberry Days in Grove City, and I decided to stop in for a bit today coming back from camp. The main reason I stopped was because I wanted to get a strawberry pie for John. He loves strawberry pie, and it seems like a likely thing to have at a little shindig called "Strawberry Days", right? Wrong. I looked and looked and could not find a place selling much of strawberry anything. Finally I found the stand that was for the general event. and I asked the lady about the pie. Her response was a point and "Uh.. I think there may be strawberry flavored ice cream over at that one" What Einstein decided to call it "Strawberry Days" when there is virtually no strawberry-related stuff there? I should start a petition to have the name changed.
I also now know the names of my anonymous posters (the other told me offline). Not that it was a big deal though because a blog is indeed online and made to be read so I think it is cool that anyone would even be interested in reading it! And Brian, you don't have to feel "stalkerish" at all - I know of and have an idea of some who read it, only difference is you actually post comments :) You shouldn't be so hard on yourself either, I remember you in school and you were very smart. One thing I didn't know though is that you're a gamer. Very cool.

2 comments:

Brian Lucas said...

Oh most definately a gamer. Most of my missed assignments were due to long nights of Diablo II or Medal of Honor in the dorms. Halo once we were off campus and had our own networks to work with. We even had a few LAN parties freshman and sophomore years. Really surprised you didn't know I was a gamer actually. Went to a few in Founders even. Oh well. Thanks for the compliment by the way. I hope to finish someday.. Just gotta come up with the money first.. and wait for Dr. Sam to take a sabbatical or somethin ;-)

Brian Lucas said...

thought you might enjoy this. XD
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/black_hat_support.png