Monday, June 25, 2007

Cars, RoR, & Weekend

Pictures shouldn't be allowed on here that are going to make me want a covertible (thanks Brian!) :) Although I had considered an RX8, I started thinking about the winter. A sports car like that + winter roads = a potential chaos. And at least for right now, I'm looking for a car for year round. Although Brian's car is quite nice and does make me want to have one!

I started playing around a little with Ruby on Rails. If you have only heard of Ruby, you need to check out Rails. It's Ruby but you can do so much more with it. It's pretty nifty. Although I wonder if I'll be obsessed with it like the people who use it on a regular basis.. lol. This is pretty hilarious though, and being a Java developer, I could completely appreciate it -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQbuyKUaKFo.

This past weekend was spent in Allegheny National Forest with John and his brother. We just headed up there for some camping and (attempted) fishing. We hit up a place called "Buzzard Swamp" that people usually rave about - although it was a unanimous decision that none of us were up the 2 1/2 mile walk to the pond that - was supposedly - only supposed to be 1 mile away. We fished a bit at the 2 ponds that were at the 1 mile & 1+ mile marker, but didn't have much success. But if we attempt that again, at least we'll have a better idea of what we're in for.

Then Sunday was my little brother's birthday. He turned 14. I got him a video/MP3 player - something he has wanted for a long time. He was SO excited :) The look on his face was worth every penny and more. It made me really happy :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If you are looking for a convertible, how about the VW Eos? It's got a hard top with sunroof. The whole thing folds into the trunk to make a convertible. Very cool, but a little pricey.

Here's a review with video