Thursday, June 7, 2007

Fun Weekend Ahead!

A correction to a previous blog: "Trace Memory" is not an RPG. I'm not sure which game I was getting it mixed up with when I bought it, but apparently I either misheard something or just wasn't thinking. Or both. So if you were expecting something like my personal favorite RPG, FF Tactics, then you may be sadly disappointed. However, it is a neat game nonetheless, and I still plan on playing it until I beat it, because there are supposed to be a few cool things 2nd play through.
So today, my boyfriend and I head to Dick's Sporting Goods where he bought for me my very own fishing pole and reel *grin* I'm mostly German, but I also am part "hick". Yes, I like to fish. Up until now, I had been using his fishing stuff when we go fishing, and he decided I should have my own. We're headed up to Pymatuning this weekend where many of his many family members congregate, camp, fish, and drink beer. All weekend. I'm already packed, and I can't wait!
We also this week got to see Pirates 3. I'm really not a fan of long movies. I knew going into it that it was a shade under 3 hours, and that I'd probably figure that it could have been much shorter. It could have been. I'm not going to give anything away, but one area they could have shortened up were the battle scenes. There just wasn't enough content in them to justify dragging the scenes out like that. It is a movie you have to pay close attention to, which is another thing I found odd - because it's a children's movie. For myself, I liked the plot. In fact, I would probably give that the highest rating because of the creativity and complexity that went into it and all of the irony that came out of it. But it was not a suitable plot for a children's movie IMHO. As for the rolling credits.. that roll.. and roll for eternity, I absolutely recommend Alan's suggestion of staying until they are over to see the "last part" of the movie. So much that I think that should have been in that actual part of the movie. All in all, a recommended watch, but not my favorite of the three. Now with all this Pirates talk, I'm getting the itch to watch the first one again :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm still curious to know why you used blog spot. Domains being $3.95 / year and hosting cheap as hell... You’re getting boring and unadventurous in your old age!

A little C#, mixed with some simple SQL Svr 2k5 tables and Sprocs... Half an hour later you have your own blog space that you wrote!

Figuring out who Anonymous II is with the null terminator translations shouldn't be too hard. Exactly how many programming geniuses do you know?

~Anonymous II

PS: I'll let you keep your Anonymous as the original. :-P I'll be II.

Brian Lucas said...

Thanks but I am moving out of the realm of anonymous so as not to seem too stalkerish. Its probably stalkerish enough that I actually read her blog on a regular basis. But I digress. FFX is by far my favorite single player RPG but I have yet to play tactics as I've never owned a single portable gaming device ever but I may have to check it out if its any good. WoW of course takes the cake for MMORPGS though. And I'm far from a programming genius. :-P Just your average SRU dropout.